Although my passion is primarily around nutrition (after all, you can’t out run a poor diet) exercise is a critical component of keeping yourself healthy.
Making time to exercise every day is not always easy … but I do think we’d be lying to ourselves if we said we didn’t have 20-30 minutes a day to fit in some sort of physical activity.
- Go for a brisk-paced walk either very early in the morning or after dinner at night. And yes, you can take your kids!
- Do a 20 minute free exercise video on YouTube
- Whilst you’re watching your favourite telly show do as many rounds of 3 deep squats, 3 pushups, 3 ab crunches as you can in the adverts – and whilst the show is on do some bicep curls and shoulder presses
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator … and don’t just walk up the steps, get a spring in your step!!
- If you’re doing something that requires you to stand for a while, do some high-knees walking on the spot instead of standing still
- Play frisbee/ball/footy/anything with your kids, dog or someone who will have fun with you. Alternately, grab your children and play on the playground with them!
There really is no excuse not to be able to do something active every day – it doesn’t have to be ‘formal’ exercise, just get ya butt off the couch!
Move and feed your body like you love it, and it will love you right on back!